Monday, June 19, 2017

With What Measure Ye Mete

 For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the  measure you use it will be measured to you.
Matthew 7:2 ESV

   This week I was tempted to pass judgement on someone for something they said in criticism. I felt "rightly" frustrated for the sake of others as well as for myself because we were being misjudged and we knew it.
   I really had to fight for my joy. I hated the left over questions and feelings, yet had no direction about how to confront. This verse kept coming to mind.  I finally concluded that I could let go of the worry and pondering.
     The Holy Spirit got through my thick skull so He is able to take care of the rest of it too. I have bigger potatoes to cook anyway. Things like planning ahead to spend a week with Francis over baby time, mulching the garden, or writing a love note to my husband. There's nothing like the peace of knowing that God has it covered. Besides, I have it in my power to offer grace in this situation. No doubt one of these days I'll get myself in a spot of deserving criticism. Hopefully I will find grace instead, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog has moved!

Please click here to see the latest from Stone House Scribblings.