Wednesday, February 27, 2013

First Sign of Spring

      There is a gap in this journal, right here.  A car accident, a living history event, many text communications, a few injuries, little events of God's grace pouring down at the just the right times and a community stepping in to help together. Everyone has his or her own personal gleanings from all of these things.
     The gap will probably just be. Let it.

     New subject. Spring might be coming. Yesterday I used the clothes line outdoors. The breeze came up and gently shook little cracking sounds out of the sheets as they dried. I wanted to just stand there in the snow up to my boot tops listening and smelling. There was blue sky smiling behind everything. I am so glad that God has a constancy of love and gift giving. Beauty and peace show up at unexpected places and times between the mists of frets and burdens. Serendipity just for me from a loving Father.

Ephesians 6:16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. Faith is hearing God's "yes" and "take courage, I'm still here" from the little clothesline moments in our lives. You can do anything with that kind of backing.







3 comments:

  1. I think it looks horribly cold. Beautiful in a crisp kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard a robin this morning! You said what I feel about moments that God shows us He is here and always.

    ReplyDelete

This blog has moved!

Please click here to see the latest from Stone House Scribblings.