Sunday, February 25, 2018

What I Think

While the world watches the Olympic activities and the surrounding news and opinion about North Korea's cheer leading squad, I get to sip my freshly pressed coffee at home, quietly. I enjoy my faith openly. Everyone in my world respects my right to work where I wish, shop, play, cry, smile and pray whenever, wherever I desire.
    I get to sit at home where it is safe from the ugly and dirty of crime. Crimes against children and women. Of slavery and exploitation. I feel safe and secluded and rather naive about the evils of the big, bad world out there. Even the headlines sound unreal to my little backwoods ways. And my compassion feels hemmed in by boundaries that seem to be an important part of my culture and lifestyle. There are no bridges, it seems, from this side to that unknowable side.
And then someone shares an article about the other side painting a graphic, hideous picture of an unthinkable crime that I won't repeat here, written as truth. My critical thinker kicks in and I realize that either this is not true and the article is written for the sake of propaganda for stupid unknown reasons, or it is true and nobody is stopping a piece of hell... but no, this also is unthinkable. I cannot wrap my mind around either option. And I find myself again pinned to the wall with the question.  If it is true, then what? And if it isn't, why do we share on Facebook the drivel of the ugly, filthy, immoral out-workings of a sin-diseased mind? Still, if it is true, why would you share on Facebook the drivel of an ugly, sin-diseased mind? I ask you!
    Rumor and intrigue are being pumped onto my computer screen from the media, as if there are no stops, no judgement, and its just a game. It is sickening. If it's true that the cheer leading squad of North Korea is being taken home to be sex slaves now, then I've got some tall praying to do and so do you. And we have been praying for North Korea for many years, right? Have you? Please do start.
    I suggest that each time you see an article about unspeakable, unthinkable crimes against humans, don't share it on Facebook. Get down on your knees and pray for it. God can figure out what part is true need and what is simply propagandist rumor. Christians don't need the internet to make an appeal to the right authorities. We can pray and intercede.
      For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places...praying always with all prayer and supplications in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints...Ephesians 6
      Did you know that the ugly and filthy of bad news and sin and lies does bad things to your brain? Meditation on God's Word and beauty and peace, heal and help our brains. It's true, prayer makes a good physical change to the brain. Why not take all that terrible news and attitudes straight to prayer?
    He hears our prayers, and He answers. Perhaps His answer to your prayers will be the building of a bridge to the other side for you. Maybe He will use you to free a child. Or to be a voice in the wilderness. Let's pray.










2 comments:

This blog has moved!

Please click here to see the latest from Stone House Scribblings.