Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Summer Post


 Summer flowers make me happy. When I was washing windows outside today, the scent of the roses blooming in the hot sun came to me from across the lawn. It lifted my heart. Not that I am downcast at all.  I could be, I suppose, for we live in a world of ordinary people who need the Lord at all times. If we are not careful to smell the roses, we could soon be in the depths. Maybe that is all we need-- just to smell the flowers. Why else did God make summer flowers? I believe He wants us to get a rose tinted perspective. To take a break from the heaviness of grumbling.To start smelling like Jesus ourselves.
When I came into the living room with my lunch, this big peony bouquet had been quietly filling the room with its sweetness, as well. That's two reminders that God loves me today and He knew I would notice.
    So I thought of you, why not share the love and take a few pictures and show you these awesome flowers!  
    Make some clean and pretty in your home or garden today. And a big bouquet of something sweet to finish the job.
   Thank you Abbey, for thinking of these peonies blooming all alone there again this year and for taking the time to bring them to us to enjoy.
 This afternoon, I shall move the sunshine bush to the garden. It is right where we need to start digging to install our much anticipated egress window. That will be our official beginning. We will dig and break through concrete and say, "Let there be light!" and there will be light in our new basement bedroom. I am excited and grateful.
    And since I love clean places, I will scrub both showers this afternoon and not dread it. Besides, what's happier than being busy making life good for my family.


 Here is a verse about fragrance. Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place. For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing. To the one we are the aroma of death leading to death, and to the other the aroma of life leading to life. And who is sufficient for these things? For we are not, as so many peddling the word of God; but as of sincerity, but as from God, we speak in the sight of God in Christ.


1 comment:

This blog has moved!

Please click here to see the latest from Stone House Scribblings.