Saturday, January 3, 2015

Ten Questions For The New Year


Ten Questions for the New Year



1. What’s one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
      I hope to trust better during those times when I am fearful. I am afraid of what people think. I am afraid that we will make the wrong decision. I hope to remember this year that God is bigger than our decisions. That He will take our mistakes as well as our victories and use them for good.

2. What’s the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?

     I am asking God to heal the hurts and hearts from the huge changes at Grace Bible Church last year. God asks, "Is anything too hard for Me?" 


3. What’s the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
   For me to be more at peace inside and thus in my relationships at home.

4. In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?

    Is there any other decent answer than to pray better or more? Work a list and kneel by my bed more consistently for that work. That's what I'll do.

5. What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?

    For me it is just staying busy with all my things: housework, blogging, reading, working, and creating so that I don't have time to research and write on my writing project. It's silly of me.

6. What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?

    I am just a little stymied by this one. Honest communication? Offering grace and kindness at every opportunity, instead of my own opinion? Which two things should not be new for me...are they?

7. For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?

    First people I thought of were those folks in Chiang Mai who will be/are attending the new IGO church plant.

8. What’s the most important way you will, by God’s grace, try to make this year different from last year?

    By God's grace, I hope to offer grace and peace more consistently even when I am inclined to whip situations into shape in my own mind.

9. What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?

    I already confessed this one. Kneel by my bed longer and more consistently.

10. What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years? In eternity?

     The prayer and peace-in-my-heart parts of my life. Those things will most likely help me be a sweet old lady later. We are today, in part at least, who we are going to be when we are old. God Help Us!

Dru posted a link to these questions on FB. I don't honestly know who put them up but they were there for our use so I'm sharing them here for you to consider, as well.
 

1 comment:

  1. I am usually a listy kind of person but this year I decided against making any big commitments for the new year. Instead, i'm going to concentrate on being flexible for whatever plans God has for us. I've been learning this the hard way. I think it'll probably be a full time job. Thanks for posting this... great food for thought.

    ReplyDelete

This blog has moved!

Please click here to see the latest from Stone House Scribblings.