Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Quiet Time Gleanings

  Here Is What To Do In Church.
    Jeremiah 51:10 Come and let us declare in Zion the work of the Lord our God.

   During our busy-ness of traveling and visiting in Nebraska I found this reason to choose to be happy wherever we are.
    Psalm 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life. And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. And our guys were getting pretty sick so there was no church in sight for them for the weekend. I have a hunch that the house of the Lord is wherever one can worship or declare the works of the Lord...on the job, in the kitchen, etc. 
             
    After we got home, I ran into this What To Do In Church idea again: Psalm 22:21b to the end of the chapter. Begins with, "You have answered me", and ends with "That He has done this." Clearly we are to focus on worshiping God in church.

You have answered Me.

 I will declare Your name to My brethren;
In the midst of the assembly I will praise You.

 You who fear the Lord, praise Him!
All you descendants of Jacob, glorify Him,
And fear Him, all you offspring of Israel!
 For He has not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted;
Nor has He hidden His face from Him;
But when He cried to Him, He heard.

My praise shall be of You in the great assembly;
I will pay My vows before those who fear Him.

The poor shall eat and be satisfied;
Those who seek Him will praise the Lord.
Let your heart live forever!

 All the ends of the world
Shall remember and turn to the Lord,
And all the families of the nations
Shall worship before You.

For the kingdom is the Lord’s,
And He rules over the nations.

All the prosperous of the earth
Shall eat and worship;
All those who go down to the dust
Shall bow before Him,
Even he who cannot keep himself alive.
A posterity shall serve Him.
It will be recounted of the Lord to the next generation,
They will come and declare His righteousness to a people who will be born,
That He has done this.

The most wonderful result of worship in church is that the next generation shall serve Him, as well. What incentive!

During Sunday quiet at time at home, which I enjoyed, but it isn't the same as church especially with two sick men in the house. Still in Psalms, I found this:
Psalm 27:13, 14 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord. Be of good courage and He shall strengthen your heart. Wait, I say, on the Lord.

Then this morning. Psalm 37: 23,24 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord. And He (the Lord) delights in his (a good man) way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the Lord upholds him with His hand.  MARVELOUS!

I'm getting everyone to read Deborah's Norville's book on Thank You Power. It will change your life, I hope, forever. God made it such that the choice to be truly thankful even in adversity keeps us vibrant and productive and happy. 

 

And one more quote: He who will live for others shall have great troubles, but they shall seem to him small. He who will live for himself shall have small troubles, but they shall seem to him great.
                                                                  William R. Inge

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog has moved!

Please click here to see the latest from Stone House Scribblings.