Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Post Without PIctures

Just words.
       It is a warm summer evening and I am down stairs where the AC keeps the atmosphere pleasantly cool.
       Brad is here with me finishing up a gun rack that he has been working on for a couple of weeks. This is one of his first wood working projects and it is far from perfect, but I think it is just about right.  When he gets it varnished, it will be a valuable addition to his bedroom.
        Last weekend Brad and I tried our hand at finishing sheet rock seams in his new bedroom. Speaking of lack of perfection! But we managed to get it painted and a border added to make a lovely cozy boy's room for him. He chose brown paint for the bottom half of the room. I decided to trust his good judgment. I actually found a gallon of "oops" paint at Wal-mart that exactly fit the bill.
       The strawberry patch is producing wonderfully. Tomorrow I shall make more jam. I recommend Pamona's jam making process to anyone.  You just about cannot goof it up, which is a good thing for me.  Besides it does not require as much sugar as does the regular SureGel stuff.
      And while I was at work, Frances, Amy and Abbey worked at the laundry and had chicken and potatoes in the oven by the time I got home. They had also gathered vetch and daisies for a lovely bowl bouquet. Pictures coming soon.
    This post is just to say we are alive and well and busy.
   
     
   

3 comments:

This blog has moved!

Please click here to see the latest from Stone House Scribblings.